Thursday 7 January 2016

Applying Pictograms to Surroundings


Pictograms & Road Signs //

Photoshopping 

With my newly acquired skills on photoshop, I have managed to apply my pictograms to signposts and then edited those onto my own photos of the streets of Leeds. 







I have used the same typeface on my road signs that is used on all existing national road signs. The typeface is designed specifically for this purpose. The typeface has the perfect balance of weight for it to be legible both from distance and at speed.


To take my wayfinding system further, I have come up with the idea of painting each pictogram as road markings. This will enable the road user to know which lane or road to take in order to reach the location marked on the road. The road markings could then be painted in the designated colour to make the system even easier to follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment