Monday 7 December 2015

UK Road Signs & Road Markings

My aim for this brief is to explore and redesign the road signs and markings around Leeds city centre. 










Currently the road signs in the Uk follow a strict range of pantone colours. These colours have been chosen for their effectiveness and legibility. However, they are all very basic and dull. 




Original Pantone Range 


 My Revised Pantone Range





Above is my revised range of colours that I will be using for my road signage system. I aimed to create a more vibrant and interesting range of colours. The colours I have chosen will still be affective and legible when used on road signs. I am trying not to affect the legibility of the signage and focus both on practicality and aesthetics.

My redesigned wayfinding system will include my pictograms of iconic buildings in Leeds. The system will guide both road users and pedestrians to the chosen buildings.


No comments:

Post a Comment