Wednesday 2 December 2015

Book Design - Colour Theory


For my first book design I will be publishing a small book on Colour Theory. This is a topic that took my interest when we were introduced to it in our Design Skills module. 

Below are a range of examples of how my publication can look...


The subtle, elegant look to this design is what grabbed my attention. With the use of only one colour in a range of tones and only one shape, the designer has produced a really simple yet effective book design. I aim to replicate this simplicity in my own designs.



Again, this book design uses simplicity and minimalism to create a book cover on the topic of colour theory. The choice of hues work well together as well as the amount of white space complimenting and bringing out the imagery.






Specifically, I will be looking into how colours work together, both harmoniously and in contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment