Wednesday 15 February 2017

Arjowiggin's Development

Final Poster Designs

Considering the range of different stocks I have ordered from Arjowiggins, The posters have been designed in such a way that the stock will compliment each design and vice versa. Each artist featured in the posters is signed under the Sony Music music label. 







Taking the concept further

informed by a previous D&AD winner, I have decided to take my idea further by showing how the recipient would interact with the posters.

The idea is that each poster will have a hidden QR code, that when scanned with an iPhone, the user will be directed to a secured webpage on which they can access all sorts of different things associated with the artist. This will include early bird release concert tickets, new music releases etc. This access will be earlier than anyone else, thus providing an incentive for the recipient. 

The idea will also bring the consumer and brand closer together and give the recipient a sense of appreciation from the brand through rewards.

To demonstrate this to the judges, I will produce some mock ups of the app in use...





Poster Book Mock up

I ordered some A4 paper samples from Arjowiggins so that I could print some poster designs onto them. As well as printing them out, I also tried out ways in which I could present the posters as a book.



Inspired by a project I found online involving a poster book, the idea on the left is to produce some sort of spine or half cover that will hold the posters together as a book without compromising the posters themselves. 

This is a major problem I need to overcome. As the posters will be sent via the post, they need to be small enough to fit through a letter box, this means folding the posters in half. I need to come up with a way in which the posters are held together without damaging them designs.

Refined Resolution

The final resolution size is informed by the fact that the posters will be sent through the post and so, ideally it should fit through a letter box. The average letter box can fit the width of A4, this means that I can print the posters A3 and then fold them in half and they will fit through.

I have now printed my own poster designs of artists under the Sony Music label onto A3 paper samples I ordered from Arjowiggins.

The next stage is to decide how I am going to present the posters as a book. The original idea was to produce a spine or half cover out of paper. However, I am not sure how I would attach this spine to the posters without compromising the posters themselves.
 To solve the problem, I approached a group of peers to get their feedback and opinions on how to solve it. They agreed with the fact that I need to somehow come up with a way of keeping them together without the use of staples or stitches.

Someone then thought of an issue of the Uni's magazine that was released recently that uses a sleeve. They also said that I should experiment with tracing paper.

This feedback inspired the experimentation below, using tracing paper to produce a spine or sleeve.

The sleeve works really well at holding the posters together without damaging the posters. The tracing paper also doesn't cover up the poster designs leaving them exposed.
Final Outcome




No comments:

Post a Comment