Wednesday 4 April 2018

OUGD603 - EP - Research Led - Choosing Topic

Deciding on Direction for my
Research Led Brief

For my research-led brief, I wanted to choose a topic that I had a genuine interest in as this is the aspect that allowed me to produce the successful research brief last year.

I began the process by listing all of my favourite topics and interests which included food, culture, music and fashion. I already have three briefs that relate to fashion so I decided to choose something different. I made the decision to look into food as it is probably my favourite interest of all and is something that I think about on a daily basis and spend most of my money on.

I want to make sure that I have a completely clear and open mind going into this brief so that the outcome is completely informed by the extensive research.

Initial thoughts on direction:
- How food is becoming art through photography and social media
- Instagram accounts that photograph food
- How is Food & Design linked
- COS example of using colour palette of new collection to inspire food dishes

No comments:

Post a Comment