Wednesday 25 April 2018

OUGD603 - EP - Exhibition - Vinyl

Vinyl Sticker on
Wood for Exhibition

On the train from Leeds to London, on the way to an open day, I was brainstorming ideas on how we can decorate the venue to strengthen the branding and identity so that it is clear and distinct. I wanted to produced something on a large scale but that was time efficient. I only had three days left until the event night which was just enough time to produce the vinyl.

I purchased the piece of wood from downstairs at uni for the reasonable price of £4.80. The vinyl was printed and cut in the digital print room. It was printed as one long black sticker, I had to then apply the sticker to the wood to then peal away any unwanted material. This was a very long and painful process but the result made it definitely worth it.

The unintentional second benefit of producing this was that, as I left it in the studio for a couple of days before transporting it to the venue, it caught a lot of attention from people using the studio space. The vinyl then acted as another piece of promotional material and ended up being one of the most successful.




No comments:

Post a Comment