Thursday 29 October 2015

Revolutions


BRAVERY

My word for my typeface design is 'Brave'.

After brainstorming into the word, coming up with all types and examples of bravery, I came up with the idea to explore Revolutions and their propaganda.

The first revolution I have looked into is the Russian Revolution of 1917.













The text used in all propaganda posters and images is always bold and hard hitting in order to grab the attention of the desired audience. From this I will manipulate my own typeface to fit this exact purpose. I will make sure that my typeface works best on posters and as headers as apposed to one used for bodies of text.

To do this I will produce my typeface in capital letters and make it bold and attention grabbing. I wil manipulate the kerning and tracking so that the typeface is easily read from a distance as well as being clear and legible.

No comments:

Post a Comment