Tuesday 27 October 2015

Colour Relativity


Colour Relativity


In response to our lecture on colour theory, We have been instructed to pick our least favourite colour. I picked a light green ( Pantone 3405 C) for the simple reason of I'd never wear it as clothing. We then have to pick another Pantone colour that will contrast it in any way, it could either dull the original colour down, match it's brightness or cancel it out completely.





I've decided to match my least favourite colour with Pantone 570 C. This is quite a strong turquoise colour that helps to soften the green next to it. Together they result in a successful colour way for a children's book cover as they stand out on a shelf and would be eye catching to a younger audience.

When I matched these two colours, I realised they looked similar to colours used for dinosaurs in the cartoons I watched as a young boy.




This is the book cover I produced, using the colours I looked at previously. I was instructed to implement Black into the design so I used it for the text. I think it works well for a children's novel as it's easy to the eye and makes for a friendly looking dinosaur.



No comments:

Post a Comment