Friday 23 October 2015

Summative Evaluation for Studio Brief 01


Today's Feedback Friday started with a summative critique session in the studio. We we're split into two groups, group 1 left their work in the studio whilst group 2 stayed and evaluated it. We each produced 5 questions of our own that we would like to be answered during the evaluation.

  Walking around the room, looking at everyone's work, I started to make evaluations of my own and wrote them down next to the work. At first I found it quite difficult to form any evaluation and simply answered the questions presented to me. As the session went on and as I started to see more and more people's work, I began to gather much more of an idea of what and how to say it. 

  I began to compare some peoples work to others, as well as comparing the way in which they have presented their work and whether this had any affect on the ease of evaluating the work.

  Some projects were a lot easier to evaluate than others. This was due to a number of reasons...

- the main way it was made easier was the choice of questions left by the designer. If the questions made you think and asked for a reason why or an explanation of your opinion, it forced me to produce a lot more substantial feedback that would be more useful to them in their evaluation.

- presentation techniques also helped aid the feedback. Providing some text as so why changes were made as well as plenty of imagery demonstrating development and reasoning behind it

- I didn't receive as much feedback as some and I think this is due to where I set up my work. unfortunately my work was situated in the back corner of the room and because of this I think that people were less inclined to approach my work. In the future I will make more of an effort to get my work more central so that I gather more useful feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment