Wednesday 5 October 2016

Unit Editions




Unit Editions

an independent publishing venture aimed at followers of creative culture

In an lecture about publication form, I was told about Unit Editions and so I looked up their website and straight away fell in love with the style and colour of their work.

Their engaging website presented me straight away with some of their newest and best work, which is showcased in an extremely enjoyable and pleasing way.





Action Time Vision
collection of DIY graphics from the punk and post-punk era


A screenshot of their opening page of the website shown on the left is immediately exciting.

what I admire most about this publication is the colours used, The soft orange and mint green in combination with the ivory cover.

the content of the book concentrates on the punk and post-punk eras of design. In my opinion, the design of the publications such as the colours and stock used have softened the appearance of the book and gives a clear view point of the content. I associate the punk era with strong, offensive colours used in conjunction. But even so, I think that this publication still works with softer colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment