Monday 28 November 2016

Adobe Experience Design

Getting to grips with Adobe Xd

I have recently downloaded a new Adobe software called Experience design that allows me to make a start on learning how to create a functioning and interactive app or webpage. This will be extremely useful when I start to design some prototypes and wireframing for my own design for screen.

Tutorial


To get started I followed the tutorial on how to design an app for smartphone devices. It showed me the basics such as creating a new art board (what will appear as a page on the phone screen), how to insert my own images, and then features that allow for it to be interactive. 



The blue lines shown here are what are used bring the app to life. By dragging blue circles around, you tell the design where the user will be taken when they press each feature.

So far, I have found it easy to follow but this will change further down the line I am sure.

The skills I'll learn on this app will be applicable to the design for screen brief as well as a number of other tasks. Knowing how to use this software is incredibly useful with the exponential growth of smartphone apps. I will be regularly practicing this software so that by the end of the course, I will have a good understanding of how to build an app. 


Even though I may not be producing apps as such in my future job rolls, knowing how it works will make working with clients a lot easier as I'll be able to use the same language and communicate with them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment