Wednesday 30 November 2016

Design for Screen - Hypebeast

Redesigning and adding to Hypebeast

The decision to redesign the app and website for an existing website is informed by the fact that it will be instantly recognised and be familiar to a majority of the target audience. Hypebeast is a fashion and lifestyle blog that has been around for a while now and is highly recognised by a lot of people within my target audience. Using an existing website also means I can use their logo and identity, saving me the task of designing the whole thing.

I wont be redesigning the whole website, I will just be adding in features and taking some away to form my concept accurately. I will be doing the same to the existing smartphone app.

below is the opening homepage. The user is greeted with the latest articles that are aimed at any user, what I aim to do is make this opening home page personal and unique to the user, similar to the Facebook live feed page.




This is the bar of tabs running along the top of the page, each representing a feature of the website. I will be redesigning this to include the most important features of my concept. This will include a 'live feed' tab and a 'suggested just for you tab'. I will be removing all other tabs that aren't fashion related to further make the experience simple and easy. The suggested tab will show clothes that the user will like, currently Hypebeast doesn't show individual clothing items and instead just shows articles and blog posts.

These are the tabs that appear when the user clicks on the fashion tab from the home page. I will be redesigning this to be personal to the user and show up with brands they have previously looked at, liked etc.

Making these tabs relevant to the user makes for a much more unique and personal experience and stops any unwanted content appearing on the site.

Smartphone app


The opening screen will stay the same as this, I think that the simplicity of it works really well in looking elegant and well designed. Good type and typesetting consideration appeals to creatives.
The landing page will also stay similar in terms of layout. The simplicity of two tabs makes the user experience really relaxing and easy, something I wish to convey through my own concept. However the default tab that opens will be suggested clothes for the user to buy or browse. All the clothes that are shown will only be labels they've shown to be fond of or trends, subcultures, colours etc. The second tab will be the live feed where the user can see what friends and idols have been looking at, sharing, liking, disliking etc.

My app will feature other tabs such as this video tab shown on the left. However, this again will be personalised by the user. 

No comments:

Post a Comment