Wednesday 30 November 2016

Site Maps

Organising Content

Deciding on the hierarchy of information.
- what I want the user to see first
- Whats the most important info-
- How can this be displayed in the right order

To do this, site mapping is a popular technique. This involves drawing up a diagram that represents the layers or pages of info that will be found within an app or website.



Final Site Map

Below is the order in which the info will be accessed, starting with a home page. The larger the boxes in the diagram, the more important the info is.



Simplified Site Map

The idea v=behind my concept is to make online clothes shopping less time consuming and overwhelming. To do this, I have stripped back an existing app and have not included anything that doesn't help the user find clothes they like. Some features already existing on the Hypebeast app include a video page and a categories page which are completely useless if I am using the app to buy clothes. If I want to watch videos I will refer to other apps on my smartphone, it is pointless to have them in the same place. The simplified sitemap below shows how simple and stripped back the structure of the app is. Being simple means that the user will not get lost within a number of different pages and functions and instead be able to navigate around stress free.




No comments:

Post a Comment